MYTHIC is seeking diverse sci-fi and fantasy fiction. We publish both new, original fiction. Authors are encouraged to submit their stories during the specific reading periods listed below.
June 1 through July 31
December 1 through January 31
- Works should be between 2,000-6,000 words. (No wiggle room above or below.)
- We prefer Times New Roman or Courier and 12 point type. Double-spaced pages.
- Do not have tabs in your manuscript; please set first line indents.
- Please include your name and contact information at the beginning of the story.
- Submit in .doc, .docx, .rtf format.
- For NEW/UNPUBLISHED FICTION, We are purchasing World English Rights
- Following an exclusivity period, all other rights revert to the author. MYTHIC retains a nonexclusive right to keep stories in the issue they appear for as long as the issue remains in print.
- At this time, we PAY $0.01 CENTS A WORD for NEW short fiction.
- We provide authors with one free copy of the issue in which their story appears.
- Payment made upon publication via PayPal. (We are not responsible for any transaction fees).
- Send all stories to email@example.com.
- Your story should be attached.
- Put “New Submission: Title of Your Story” in the subject line.
- Please include your name, title, word count, and contact information in the body of the email.
Note on nonfiction: All articles and other content are chosen in-house. Please do not submit queries at this time.
If you have further questions, use the contact form.
Thank you for your interest in MYTHIC.